The collection, handling, processing and disclosure of information by us is governed by United States law, the laws of the State in which you are located, and, in the case of Client and Users outside the United States, the laws of your country. By accessing and using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and those other countries.
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization.
When you use the Service, we collect and store your personal profile and other information that you provide to us, some of which will be information that can identify a person individually (information about you that can be used to contact or identify you) ("Personal Information"). Personal Information that we might collect would include things like your name, email address, phone number, location (city, state, zip code, country, time zone) and any other personal information that you provide when you use the Service.
We also collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as our business partners or service providers (like when you sign on the Service through Google, Facebook and Linkedin).
When you use the Service, we collect the following types of information:
- Account Information: When you sign up for the Service you need to create an account with us. In order to create and use an account, you will need login credentials, which include an email address and password, and your name. Depending on the preferences of each Site's administrators, this information can also include, but is not limited to things like: postal address, industry of work and phone number.
- General Usage Data: When you use the Service we may collect technical properties of hardware and software you use to access the Service. For example, we may collect the type and model of hardware and/or web browser you are using, browsing history, referring or exit web pages, page view statistics and the operating system version you are using. We may also collect information about how long you use our Service for each session, features you use, how long you use our Service overall, the time and day you accessed the Service, etc. We may also record mouse clicks, movements and other interactions with our pages or features to help us improve the User experience.
- Log Data: When you use the Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website ("Log Data"). Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, pages of our website that you use, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics.
- Purchase and Payment Information: When a Client pays the Company for the Service through a third party, we may collect information to administer and manage your account. For example, we may collect your name, email address, account information, what is ordered, date and time of the order, the quantity and price of the order, whether payment was made, method of payment, and purchase history.
- Third party information: If necessary to fulfill our identified purposes, we may combine the information you submit to us with information obtained from other sources or third party offerings. For example, we may receive personal information about you from third parties involved in providing you with the products, services, hardware, software, and websites you are utilizing, such as from your email, social media, and online file storage provider to facilitate the integration of those products, services, software, and websites with our Service. We treat all such personal information in accordance with this Policy and the terms and conditions between us and such third parties, if any, may also apply. However, the third party's own use of your personal information in such cases will be determined by your agreement(s) with the third party, unless that third party is one of our service providers.
- Quality assurance and customer service: Your customer service telephone calls and emails to us, if any, may be recorded, logged, and/or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes such as to assist in addressing your inquiries, troubleshooting, training and analytics to identify trends and make improvements to our Service and customer support. As part of the recording and logging of the calls and emails, we will collect information like the identity of the caller or sender of email, the date and time of the call or email, and the subject and resolution of the issue.
- Cookies: In addition, when you use our Service, we collect certain information about your activity on our Platform, as described below under the heading "Information about Cookies."
- Use of the Service: We collect information regarding your course and program usage, such as enrollment and which courses you participate in. This includes community interaction data, such as your course responses, comments and likes.
Some of this information would not by itself identify you to us or be personally identifiable and is therefore considered non-personal information. If we combine any such non-personal information with other personal information available to us, the combined information will be treated as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
We use the personal information we collect about you:
- to create and manage user accounts and profiles.
to understand and meet your needs and preferences, and/or to provide you with the Service, for example:
- for purposes related to the billing, activation, provision, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, resolving of disputes, deactivation, upgrade, or update of the Service;
- to provide Users with access to the Service and to facilitate payment for the Service;
- to ensure the Service is technically functioning as intended and to help identify and troubleshoot issues;
- to manage or respond to your inquiries;
- to analyze and improve the Service and to help us create the best product and content mix for your preferences;
- to personalize content to your preferences (this includes showing you your saved courses and course history and providing course recommendations); and
- to develop new and enhance existing content including to communicate with you about them using various means, for example to make available or send to you notices of of updates to the Service;
- to communicate with you about the Service in general; and
- to provide you and our instructors with community features.
- to provide support and assistance to users of the Service;
to manage and develop our business and operations, for example:
- to detect, monitor, investigate, mitigate or attempt to prevent fraud and technical or security issues or to protect our property;
- to allow for business continuity and disaster recovery operations;
- to enforce our terms of service and other legal rights;
- for statistical purposes;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies;
- to resolve disputes; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another entity;
to meet applicable contractual, legal and regulatory requirements and to respond to emergency situations, for example:
- to respond to court orders, warrants or other lawful requests or legal processes;
- to provide emergency assistance in situations that may threaten the life or physical safety of you or others;
- to deter or respond to illegal or harmful actions; and
- for any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in Notices, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Policy, we may remove personal identifiers from your information and maintain and use it in a de-identified form that may be combined with other information to generate aggregated information. Such de-identified and/or aggregated information will be deemed to be owned by us and we shall have unrestricted title, rights, and interest to the de-identified and/or aggregated information which may include, without limitation, the right to use, distribute, transmit, transfer, license, trade, rent, share, assign, and sell the de-identified and/or aggregated information.
We will retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws. You may update your communication preferences anytime by writing to us at email@example.com.
We will only process your personal information if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include if you give consent, fulfilling our contractual requirements and our legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- We process data that we need to process in order to fulfill our contractual obligation to you to provide the Service.
- Operation and improvement of the Service and our business
- Personalization of content to improve user experience
- Analyzing the use of the Service
- Marketing the Service
- Providing customer support
- Protecting against or responding to fraud, illegal activity or other harmful actions
- Compliance with our legal obligations
- Completing corporate transactions.
From time to time we may need to process your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of other persons, or to carry out a task in the public interest.
If you are located in the European Union, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation with respect to your personal information as described in the EU Privacy Notice below.
Our Service is made available to individuals, businesses and organizations who pay for a license. Those licensees in turn authorize certain individuals to have access to the Service under their license. Content you make available on the Service will be available to other Users that access the Service under the same license as you. By using the Service and uploading Content, you authorize us to share your Content with these other Users. We will not authorize any other User that utilizes the Service through a separate license holder to have access to your Content without your permission. You determine and select what Content and profile information you wish to share.
For purposes of defining where information can be shared on the platform, the word 'Group' refers to the learning environment on Dream See Do (the "Group"). Each platform Site administrator can have one or more learning Groups, in which they have content, courses, and users.
Any Personal Information or Content that you voluntarily disclose in group areas can be viewed and commented on by other users for any reason. Your profile pages ("Profile") and any online groups or courses you participate in through the Service can be made available by any group administrator for your program provider. You have the ability to change your account settings to limit access to your Profile and content, and may edit or delete Content you post to any group on the platform. You should exercise caution before disclosing your Personal Information via the Service or any learning Group venues.
For example, if you choose to sign up for a Dream See Do account, you may have a Profile on the site, containing your full name and some basic information including your location and bio. You may also add additional optional information to your Profile. You may control what type of Profile information is shown to others through your Account Settings. Any information you choose to provide as part of your Profile should reflect how much you want other Users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage Users to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your Profile information at any time.
We will only share information about you with other people, businesses or organizations when we have your permission, and/or under the following circumstances:
- We may employ third parties to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform related services (e.g., without limitation, hosting service providers, cloud service providers, maintenance services, engineering and development services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service' features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. We may give these third parties access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and only if they agree not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we are required to do so by applicable laws or regulations, a court order or a subpoena or similar legal process; if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to so in order to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property or the rights or property of a third party.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to investigate, detect, suppress, prevent or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the reputation or physical safety of any person.
- We may share aggregated and anonymous information (that does not include Personal Information) and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic and analytical profiling and other purposes relevant to our business.
- If certain business transactions occur that involve our business it may result in the transfer of your Personal Information. Those transactions include a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of the business or its assets, or dissolution. If such a transaction is completed, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
- We may share Users Personal Information with their employer who licenses the Service from us or its agents.
- We may also share your Personal Information with our staff, contract personnel, analytics service providers, hosting service providers, payment processors, fraud prevention service providers, and engineering and development service providers.
You may update or correct your Profile and Account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to your Account. You may review, update, correct or delete any of the information contained in Content you submit by making the appropriate modifications in your Account. If you delete all of your Content, then your Account may become deactivated. If your Account is deactivated, your Content will no longer be available to the Users you've chosen to share it with. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us with a request that we delete your personal information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, however, we may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for other legitimate business purposes.
Cookies can either be "session Cookies" or "persistent Cookies". Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that are stored on your device while you are visiting our Site or using our Services, whereas "persistent Cookies" are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our Site or Services. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. Through these Cookies, we may collect information about your online activity after you leave our Services. Your browser may offer you a "Do Not Track" or "DNT" option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, and web applications, and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Because we collect browsing and persistent identifier data, the Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave our properties.
Some Cookies are placed by a third party on your device and may provide information to us and third parties about your browsing habits (such as your visits to our Site or Services, the pages you have visited and the links and advertisements you have clicked). These Cookies can be used to determine whether certain third party services are being used, to identify your interests, to retarget advertisements to you and to serve advertisements to you that we or others believe are relevant to you. We do not control third party Cookies.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. One way you can do this is through your internet browser's settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the "preferences" or "options" section of your browser's menu. To find our more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ or https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
The Service is hosted and operated in the United States ("U.S.") through Dream See Do and its service providers. Your Personal Information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you do not reside in the U.S. and choose to use the Service, you acknowledge that by the use of the Service any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Dream See Do in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Dream See Do to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. as set forth herein. Your submission of such personal information, represents your agreement to that transfer.
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from users, including without limitation Personal Data, as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Data is treated, transferred, or used.
As noted in our Terms of Service, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 in the United States and 16 in any country or territory covered by the GDPR (see details below). If you are under the age of 13 or 16 respective to the locations outlined above, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under these ages, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under these ages may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at email@example.com. However, please note that under the law, services such as ours that permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing are not required to provide such information upon receiving a request, but rather may respond by notifying the user of his or her right to prevent the disclosure. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California law also grants consumers the right to request that a business delete personal information that the business collected from the consumers and gives consumers the right to opt out of a business's sale of the personal information. If you are a California resident and want us to delete your Personal Information please email us at email@example.com. We do not sell any Personal Information. But if you wish to nevertheless exercise your rights under California law to opt out from the sale of your Personal Information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Nevada resident who visits our website you may review and request changes to any of your personal information that is collected on our website. Please refer to paragraphs 1(c)-(e) for information regarding information available to third parties from your activities on our website. To exercise this right, please email us at email@example.com.
If you are a Nevada resident and wish to submit a verified request directing that we not make any sale of your Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any revision to this Notice required by changes to Nevada law will be posted on this website, so you are advised to review each time there is an update posted.
If you are located in the European Union ("EU"), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR") with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined in the EU Privacy Notice below. For the purposes of GDPR, DreamSeeDo is a data controller. We process personal data generated during your visit to our website and personal data we obtain from other sources including social media platforms.
If you are located in the European Union ("EU"), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR") with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by making changes to your Profile. You can request that we correct or supplement such data by emailing email@example.com.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Dream See Do's practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
If you have any questions about this EU Privacy Notice or our data practices generally, please contact us using the following information:
Name: Dream See Do, LLC.
Email address for contact: email@example.com
Physical address: 111 Roberts St, Suite G1, East Hartford, CT 06108
Designated representative and contact information: Josh Schwartzman, hello (at) dreamseedo.org
Effective: October 30, 2020.